The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts Empty
PostSubject: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:22 am

So a while back I was asking someone about a ritual that would involve using the blessers blood as sort of a seal upon a protective item. This person described the situation as the item was now solely blessed for the blesse' (i.e. person who blessed it). However I have my own paradigm of course. When don't I argue with my teachers now in this regard?

So here is the scenario as I see it. If you have an item you wish to bless and you bless it with maybe your special oil (s) and blood to ensure it is a strong enchantment for the person it is intended for, and you keep that person in your mind, chanting the right words, putting the right emotions behind the said item who is to argue or say that in doing all this that the blood to seal the protection ward on the item for the intended person was not a sacrifice to the spirits and the like for such a powerful charm?

In other rituals we may sacrifice something such as food, a beverage, or some of our blood so why not the same principle just in a different way? Can it still feasibly work?

Thoughts, comments, or questions?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:44 am

well... i like to think that a sacrifice is only a sacrifice to whom the sacrifice was made with the intent to. if all th energy of the blood went to consecrating an item, then that is what it was for, rather than a sacrifice.

though i DO think that in the case of consecrating with blood, that by putting forth enough willpower one can not only break the seal of protection, but even redirect it's energies so that the blood is still used to bless and protect for someone else (potentially oneself). not sure if that is relevent or not.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Well apparently my teacher had also informed me that if you were consecrating an object with your blood that the object would only be attuned for use by you. But I asked again if you put your will and thoughts of someone you love/care about behind the consecration before your blood touches the object and during when it is being touched does that not also work?

He seemed to concure that it would most likely indeed.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:24 am

^_^ it is widely accepted in every mystical culture that Blood holds the essence of life. even the Christians, Jews and Muslims believe so!
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:11 am

Indeed but I have also been informed that when you use blood in your magic is can come at a heavy cost over time, more specifically if it is your own I believe. Apparently some say it takes a piece of your soul away bit by bit over time, if you continue to use it in rituals. I'm sure if you use someone elses though it may have a different result...possibly...now I'm even thinking that it might not matter either way you look at it, but I do believe it depends on the ritual and its intent.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:13 am

menstrual blood an semen have been considered equatable exchanges for animal or human sacrifices. o.o so i am sure that such could be used in place of blood as well... though i would say that it is important to keep the option of blood sacrificing or blood onding open. it makes for powerfull bonds. i make my contracts with it.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:31 am

What kinds of contracts Twi? *raises a curious brow* That sounds rather interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:37 am

O_O oh dear...

well, any contract realy, be it a material legal document, or a spiritual agreement... magic pacts are very usefull you know...

i currently have one being overseen by guardian spirits i had summoned, in which a an agreement was made with a dark being that has possession over my Slave Lauren, who has agreed to bear me more astral offspring... he insisted that he chooses how many and what gender, among other sthings, and he doesn't have to tell us. but he cannot harm them or touch them. also, they each will be possessed by a spirit like himself, and if anything happens during th epregnancy he can terminate it... that is... he can terminate them. after they are born he is no longer bound by his contract.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:03 am

That is interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:42 am

yes, consider it a loan. XD i hope to be payed in return with an equally interesting bit of info.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:25 pm

And on that note when my temple is being built or as it is being built you are going to see it! And if you can't I'm making sure your happy arse does one way or another. XP
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm

did you say Temple!? Surprised you must explain this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Yes temple. One of my goals is to build a temple in honor of those I serve. It will be a house of knowledge, learning, respect, and betterment of the self. After my novel is published I plan on saving some of the money I make for a fund for it after I take care of the debt I owe between my ex and me, my parent-plus loan my mom took out when I did go to school. If there is still enough money left over I'm going back to school and working on my next novel as I go. Or if things go well enough I'll write the second novel first and then go back to school for art-therapy or my Master's in Divinity whichever comes first.

Eventually we hope the temple can become a self preserving residence and school for not just me but others such as student and faculty. If you'd like to eventually put some money toward this cause I will not stop you. When we get there we are going to need all the help we can get. ^_^
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

i would be honoured to contribute, and to even be involved with it if i get the chance later on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Well we'll need all the help we can get when things get a moving.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:51 am

ideed! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts   Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts Empty

Back to top Go down

Equivalant Exchange / Sacrifices / Gifts
Page 1 of 1