The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3 Fold Rule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
orcary
orcary

Registration date : 2008-11-06
Male
Number of posts : 33

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 am

I was just sitting around and an intresting thought came across my mind concerning the 3 fold rule. I now believe that it means that it will affect you in mind, body, and soul. Not just come back at you in 3 times the force. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 pm

That is definitely an amazing and interesting thought my friend. I didn't think of that myself so I think you may be onto something. Though I'm not entirely sure how that would work. I'm now trying to wrap my brain around that one. O.O

I know when I was young and thought evil thoughts of how I wished to get back at my enemies with vegence in my heart and mind that Karma always immediately slapped me upside the head in some way shape or form, physically was typically the way it perferred to teach me.

Hmmm...I almost wonder why I don't have more good karma for all the internal pain that I have that comes up and out every now and again to try and torment me. *shrugs* It is weird.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
orcary
orcary

Registration date : 2008-11-06
Male
Number of posts : 33

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 am

Well, you work out and in return it effects your body. You read and in return it effects your mind. You pray and in return it effects your soul.

Well, magic uses all three at once and therefore will in return effect all three at once.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Nicely articulated my friend. I do believe I understand and you've made a fairly sound argument as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:09 am

well, i do personally belive that all energy has a collective consiousness (which is what a believe the God of the Abrehamic religions is: His Will is the Collective Consiousness, much like term "Namaste" would refer to.), and that since all energy effects all other energy, and all things are energy, anything we do or think or feel or are effects everything ele, on all three levels.

i have also been researching lately (and that and my business on moving to California next year have been keeping me from this forum for a while, i appologize for my absence) on some deep things that just popped up in front of me since my Baptization at my church. i have started delving into the Lore behin Christianity, discovered that it overlaps and intwemingles with the conspiracy over the Necronomicon and the Ending Days War... adding not only several more layers of intrigue, but also opening my eye sup to the newest concept i have ever imagined -- the Bag-of-Onions Effect! this conspiracy holds numerous Sub-Conspiracies within itself, which in turn are made up of increasingly smaller and smaller plots and schemes and goals and motives.

but i have tottaly digressed.

point being, i was looking up Akasha in my encyclopedia of Magic and Alchemy, and discovered that it has roots in the Tattvas (which are the five properties of the Alchemical Elements Fire, Air, Water, Earth, and Spirit/Quintessence). Akasha IS the Quintessence, or Astral Ether. it is also thought to be part of a trifold forceof all existance, alongside Prana and Creative Thought. further, the Akasha records every event that ever has happened, is happening, or will happen. it is equatible to the Astral Light, or the Akashik Record...the Tower of Knowledge if you will. if Einstein were an occultist this would probably be what he would have expounded on in order to further understand his own Theory of Relativity.

in any case, this alignment of Trifolds found so often in various paths can only lead me to believe that they all mean the same thing. ^_^ it is only a matter of identifying it however you will.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:38 pm

Hmmm...so the "Ripple" affect as I like to call it where, if I try to share my happiness and positive attitude and energy with others would inturn, indeed, affect the rest like dropping a rock in a pond, Twi?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:13 am

yes, if it was honest feelings. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:56 am

Then goody for me cause I always try to maintain a positive attitude for that reason. Lead by example, that is what I try to do.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

3 Fold Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Fold Rule   3 Fold Rule EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 am

^_^
Back to top Go down