The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Egyptian Gods & Goddesses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Egyptian Gods & Goddesses Empty
PostSubject: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:30 am

Bastet - Daughter of Ra and one of the patron deities of cats you don't see her name mentioned as much as you might see Isis' who overshadowed her due to her marriage to Osiris and birthing of her son Horus. She has typically been also overshadowed by goddesses such as Hathor and Sekhmet.
(Other related links: Ancient Egyptian Gods, Wikisays!, Crystallinks, Godchecker)

Isis - Wife of Osiris and mother to Horus.

Ma'at - Mother (figure) goddess of Truth, Comis Order, and Justice.

Sekhmet - Rather similar to Bast (Bastet) & Hathor.

I will add more when I find the time.

Last edited by Lady Nightshade on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:47 am

very interesting, but i am CERTAIN that you are witholding information! XD even I know far more than that on this, and it isn't even my area of focus of study! i know it isn't yours either, but i know you know more.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:45 pm

You mean know more than just these gods? Oh hell yes. When I was in middle school I was doing projects and studying on Egypt. Funny thing is I always equated a peacocks feather to Egypt and I found out recently that one of the Egyptian goddesses plus one of the Roman/Greek Goddesses use a peacock feather as one of their symbols. I was quite pleased to find this. ^_^

But as I said I will be adding more as time goes on and I find time between working on my novel, job applications and the like.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:10 am

also, teh Peacock is a symbol of Azezel.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am

Is it? I didn't know that. That's crazy. Well they have said that the eye within the peacock, whe you see how that little tip of color flows right into it, is the gateway to hell or the underworld. Kind of weird if you ask me. XD
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 am

indeed. i have found that very cool. ^_^ more reason to connect him with goodness rather than evil.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Well it is some peoples belief that some of the "Demon" generals or Demons of importance that they have since condoned to their current state were really old gods/deities that just got deminished due to the immersion of other cultures (much like the Celts and their gods becoming Saints and the like). But I'd say that's a story for a different topic section. ^_^

Last edited by Nightshade on Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:43 pm

perhaps so... still, i'd also lik eto point out a very interesting thing... the reason that there are so many ancient "Satanic" relilgious cults survivals is because of a difference of opinions. the muslim believe that Satan was made before the other angels, and that he was actually a Jinn made of smokeless fire. after God created humans from dust he commanded the Angels to bow down to Adam. Satan (who was at that time Iblis) refused. they melieve it was a display of his pride.

whereas the various Yazdan religions, which predate even Judaism, believe that Azezel was a Jinn created from smokeless fire before the other angels, and he had ordered him not to bow to anyone but Him. when God created Adam and commanded the angels to bow to Adam, Azezel did not, and God asked him why. Azezel then replied "how can i bow to anyone but You?" and so God blessed him (rather then banishing him to the earth) and made him Lord of the Earth, Melek Taus. note also, that in the Old Testament of Judaism and Christianity that even when they say that God banished Satan to the earth he made him King of the Earth.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Indeed. There are some stricting similarities between the two. Perhaps they are truly one in the same?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:44 pm

i think it irrefutable!!

there is also some kind of a connection between all this and Nergal, the patron god of of Kutha, a necropolis in the middle or near east.... had something to do with Kutu-Lu, the Man of The Underworld.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses   Egyptian Gods & Goddesses Empty

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Gods & Goddesses
Page 1 of 1