The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight - 8/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:10 pm

I finally saw Twilight and I thought it was reasonably good. I don't typically like things that are overly hyped so I suppose I am a tad bit bias, because of the rapid fans, everyone claiming that is of awesome, and is a cultural phenomena. I admit it is a marval how anything such as this got as popular so quickly as it did and no less was turned into a movie sooner than any book that I've ever read. It's storyline is all too familiar as I'm sure many people have seen, read, or heard of stories involving vampires and humans falling in love with one another, the whole "Forbidden Love" concept if you will in one of its forms. I thought the plot was a bit weak though. Honestly, James chasing after Bella after he learns she is Edward's love is a bit weak. That is typical vampire nature to me and while I thought James was rather attractive (as well as Jacob and Laurent) it did not work for me for a huge mega-awesome plotline! So my question that begs to be answered is, do the young girls who read these books just read it for Bella and Edward's relationship, for Edward, or for the fact that it has vampires or what?! I am curious. I tend to wonder what the other books are about and I know they are already working on the sequal to Twilight (New Moon). I will most likely see the next movie, but I still have yet to see a reason why I would even want to read the books.

What say you about this movie? (If you want to comment on the book there has been a topic created it is appropriate section)
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:04 am

i havn't realy read the book much, just the first few pages, but it seemed like the writing was ok... the movie i liked alot, mainly because it wasn't what i was told from the ratings and cheat-sheat screenplays i read... i thought i'd hate it, but it turned out to be realy great. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Eh, it was good, but it was a bit plain for me. Despite how much I'm not too fond of Underworld either, I prefer that type of storyline over something so simple and seemingly cliche (it does seem rather cliche with the whole fangirls who already love vampires or find the mysterious misunderstood men attractive. Then all of a sudden "Vampire!" teen romance film/book and it's suddenly the orgasmic romance teen book of the year!).
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:19 am

HOLY HELL! O-O you don't like Underworld?
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:08 pm

I didn't like it that much and we are talking Twilight, Twi. XP Not Underworld. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:58 am

heh... right, sorry... :sweat:
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:17 pm

lol It's okay hun. I still loves ya. You are forgiven. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twilight - 8/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight - 8/10   Twilight - 8/10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight - 8/10
Page 1 of 1