A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Madness required for Wisdom?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Madness required for Wisdom?   Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 am

i have been reading a book called Dead Names: the dark history of the Necronomicon, it is a book written by Simon, who was behind th translation and publication of the first edition of teh Necronomicon. i have learned quite alot from that book, includining it's origins, as well as clear links between various cultures and religions. it also introduced me to a piece of modern history i hadn't known before but was apparrently already old news.

in any case, the most important and fundamental thing i larned there as it pertains to this thread is the concept that the only way to attain the power of Wisdom and Knowledge required by this ancient Sumerian form of Shamanism is to sacrifice your own Sanity to attain it. this definition of Sanity is simply what society deems a normal functioning mind. we hae to alienate ourselves from our communities socially in order to provide them with the important things they need from us that we know about. the secrets of the True universe -- and beyond it. to protect them from dark forces, to let them live comfortably we give up our own comfort. we choose whether to be blissfully ignorant sheep or the spiritual warrior protecting them. and the most ironic part about this selfless choice is that the sheep don't understand us at all, and consider us lunatics to be made fun of.

i guess it all just goes to show that Shamans realy are warriors. i'm glad to be one, no matter the many times that i allow myself to sulk and mourn. i'm proud of my choice, and i will never regret it. if anyone wishes to be a Shaman, i would suggest reading Dead Names at leats, and considering reading the Necronomicon. but only when you feel ready.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

PostSubject: Re: Madness required for Wisdom?   Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 am

Interesting, but in our case I believe that is abandoning what society considers "The Norm" or their level of "Sanity". After all, I'd be declared clinically insane with all that I believe and I know several of the different diagnosis they would give me. I think all energy workers and individuals like us who work to protect the world and strive to bridge the gap between the spiritual, divine, and the mortal world are already considered insane when we decide not to follow the path of the "Mundane," the "Sheep," etc. I was branded that way since I was a child (an Outcast) so it is a state I am used to and I'm happy being just as I am.

"For many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14 ver. New American Standard.
"Though my soul is born from darkness, it shall rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night". Unknown
"On those nights that I gazed upon the full moon in longing it was always you that my heart was calling." - me
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master

Male

PostSubject: Re: Madness required for Wisdom?   Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 am

i guess that's kind of my point. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

PostSubject: Re: Madness required for Wisdom?   Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 pm

And I'm just supporting as well as verifying it.

"For many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14 ver. New American Standard.
"Though my soul is born from darkness, it shall rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night". Unknown
"On those nights that I gazed upon the full moon in longing it was always you that my heart was calling." - me
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master

Male

PostSubject: Re: Madness required for Wisdom?   Tue May 19, 2009 4:57 am

indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madness required for Wisdom?   

Back to top Go down

Madness required for Wisdom?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1