A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

PostSubject: What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?   Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:35 am

The first time I had ever seen or read the term was in one of *shudders* Doreen Virtue's *shudders* books called Earth Angels: A Pocket Guide for Incarnated Angels, Elementals, Starpeople, Walk-Ins, and Wizards (Wise-ones). By her definition 'Walk-Ins' are those who trade soul places. If that still isn't making sense think of it this way...a soul swap. When someone is horribly unsatisfied with their life and maybe plans on ending it or some other circumstance arises, a Walk-In soul will negotiate with the potential Walk-Out until the Walk-Out decides the terms are fair (this is all done on a deep subconcious level mind you) and then the swap is made. Supposedly by her viewpoint there are many souls awaiting on the other side that have jobs or duties to fulfill in other worlds. Instead of wasting a full grown mature human body (or whatever type of body it is that is at a mature age) souls often swap in this manner, so that another soul who has a purpose to fulfill can get to it immediately instead of waiting through infancy, childhood, tween, teenager, and then adult.

However I've also been informed by my beloved that he knew someone that this happened often to, where a soul would simply Walk-In, take over for a while, then give it back to the original soul owner of the body (considering that made any sense).

Overall this book that I've read to some degree I wouldn't recommend any of her books, especially this one. As a Ph. D. with a degree in Metaphysical psychology she should know better that fluffy, happy, warm and fuzzy just sounds very fake (least to me it does). Reading just the intro alone to this book makes me feel my teeth are rotting at an incredible rate with how much sugar she pours on. Also her whole concept of reincarnation seems a bit skewed. From this book she almost makes it sound like you cannot live/be reincarnated into every single one of these beings she lists (Walk-Ins being excluded considering I don't believe that to be a true rebirth, but we can argue that point if you'd like anyway). She almost gives me the impression that her mental view of the "The World of Reincarnation" is a very small one.

Okay enough ranting on her book. I'll let you all be the judge of her work.

"For many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14 ver. New American Standard.
"Though my soul is born from darkness, it shall rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night". Unknown
"On those nights that I gazed upon the full moon in longing it was always you that my heart was calling." - me
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Lunacin
Student

Registration date : 2008-04-01
Male
Location : Moonlit Paths, Deep Woods, Shadowed Alleys..all in OR
Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Wow your beloved must be one hell of a guy! he seams to be correct about everything. i mean i have never disagreed with his insightful and witty views of things...of wait...i think i know who he is...

Back in Reno NV we had a friend..er two actually that would randomly get walk-ins. one was a female one was a male. the walk ins would happen about two to three times a month...the only way we would be able to tell something was wrong was when a slight mannerism would appear something that the individual did not have before that. it was rarely the same twice but close and observant friends would notice it...ex. the female was only a social drinker ad was a school teacher but with one particular walk-in her drinking habits started to become very consistent. we did some round about questioning so as to not alarm the walk-in and found out it was a male 50+yrs old who had beaten his daughter to death and then taken his own life. he was genuinely miserable and remorseful and after doing some digging in the Reno Gazette we found out where and when this happened. by this time both the female and the spirit were on board with us helping it along so we fist visited the house it happened in then the grave of the daughter...finally we went to the grave of the man at which point he departed from our friend. She discontinued using any mannerisms that weren't hers (ei. wringing hands) and didn't drink again for a few weeks.

so i guess what im saying is this...i am sure that at the moment of death (suicide) it is possible for a spirit or an "angel" to say "hey wait...don't throw that body away can i use it if your done?" but the only walk-ins i have ever encountered were forced and pretty much piggy backing....wish i just remembered is what we called em after a while.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?   Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:40 pm

On the discussion of 'Walk-Ins', while we are at it, I would just like to comment how much the experience you encountered Lunasin sounds very much so like a temporary possession. I suppose this raises a question of, is the 'Walk-In' experience merely a different type of possession or is it truly something else?

"For many are called, but few are chosen" - Matthew 22:14 ver. New American Standard.
"Though my soul is born from darkness, it shall rise in perfect light, I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night". Unknown
"On those nights that I gazed upon the full moon in longing it was always you that my heart was calling." - me
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?   

Back to top Go down

What Do You Know About Walk-Ins?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: Case Files :: Occult Phenomenon-
Jump to: