The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: A few questions   A few questions EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 am

I post here because i am not sure where else and this was reasonable.

What is the story behind Excalibur? a sword aye. i have heard in one it is pulled from stone, and another gifted by the lady of the lake.

The only other thing i can think of to ask at this moment is, while it certainly isnt in recorded history...... a war a great age ago... a war i refer to as the Black War, because when i see the enemy, i see no features, just black. any information on this, greatly appriciated.

oh..also there is a place i have to get to... in no true physical place that i can reach... but i have to find someone there, i know the looks, but i cam unable to set my mind to it, any suggestions?

Last edited by Nataku on Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 6:59 am

from what i recall, the sword was given first to merlin by the Lady of the Lake, and he used it to aid a king in battle against a mutual enemy. the king he helped in war was Luther, Arther's father. Luther after forging his kingdom housed a knight and his family in the castle. he convinced merlin to give him an illusion that would allow him to appear like the knight, who he sent off into war and his death, and then laid with that knight's wife, Igrain. the daughter, Morgan Le Fay, knew it wasn't her father, but Igrain was tricked. she became pregnant and gave birth to arther, dieing in childbirth.

merlin took arther as his student, taught him manners and ethics, and told him that his father was spome blacksmith or something... when arther was a young man he told him the truth, and then had him pukk the sword from th eRock of Ages, which merlin had placed the sword in when he found out what Luther had done.

you should watch the movie Merlin. ^_^ great film that. or better yet, read the books! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:34 am

books always are better then movies

naw, i watched The Last Legion and then King Aurther. both very good and almost seem as if they were a series if watched back to back.

just trying to piece together pieces of history that are unknown, but not forgotton.

just.... collecting relics... atrifacts...
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:41 pm

same interest in history, culture, religion, theology and philosophy as me? heh. ^_^ glad to see a fellow loreseeker!
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 pm

for sure i seek lore. norse and european the greatest, especialy mythology... but i have seen my share of egyption, aztec, chineese and the like. sometimes when i hear this stuff, i almost feel i was a part of it... wonderful really, even the bloody battles.... especialy the bloody battles.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 11:02 pm

we all ARE a part of it. ^_^ especialy the battles. because those historic battle sof lore, those were all fought more on the spiritual level than the material. it was for us that they were fought. for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 3:20 am

a point well made

i still wish for those old battles... such mabre beutey, Blood Poetry, in something so dark. i was once too 'pure' to 'enjoy' such things. now i have a hunger that wants little more then such a thing. *laughs* i ramble, im sorry.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 4:04 am

^_^ this is where i pat your back.

my friend, you have no need to appologize for expression. t is what i hope to see more of from you. i love you for it. i too long for these battles and wars, these plunders and slaughters. and more besides. the chaos of it is beautifull. the passion and rage is ecstasy. and it has it's place and importance. luckily, i believe, the War is soon to come. and it too will be carried out both on the material and the spiritual planes.
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:49 am

have you seenthe movie 300? at the end, it almost looks like a paneramic after King Leonidas falls... so horrible.. so wonderful...

im not one hungry for blood or pain or plunder, i fight because it is what i am. i am a fighter, a Dragon Knight. i want nothing more then to be loss to that motion... of reflex and reaction. of something that deals with both mind and body. wether that be in combat itself, or the plotting of a battle or entire campaign, i love it. its a feeling of freedom, when you fight for life, for death.

oh, a war soon? im not so sure myself... i thought one was but im not sure... i sense a storm, but not all storms give a tornado. besides, in these matters, in matters of time which is infinite, what is 'soon' but a description of something that will eventualy happen?

i dont want a war this lifetime, i dont like guns.... now if for some reason they all became defective... bombs, tanks all gone... and you and your bretheren you fight with are locked in a bond of trust and not truse... i shall fall to it with arms wide open.

what say you, brother?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 11:34 pm

aye! to clasps hands with you in this moment would be my answer!

and yes, i have seen that movie, and agree completely. that is where i cried.
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 5:50 am

Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 5:00 pm

that was amazing... manowar eh? i've heard a couple songs by them, that were a little different than that.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:21 am

by the way, did you say that when you envision this "Black War" all you see is black? that sounds awfully familiar now i think of it. describes perfectly what i am fighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions
Page 1 of 1