The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World Empty
PostSubject: MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World   MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Greetings MMO fans,
this is Lady Nyghtshayde with a special report from the MMO scene. So recently my Beloved downloaded and test played (as well as myself to a fair degree) a new MMO called, "Sword of the New World". While the game is absolutely gorgeous and implements an awesomely new idea for MMOs (having a party of 3 where you control the other two players) it still lacks many good things an MMO should have in order to be considered favorable among gamers.

But before we get to that let's talk about the premise. The premise of the game is a new world has been discovered, all the aristocratic families are moving over to this new land and trying to stake their claims. When you start the game you create a family name and after that you can have any character name you want for any of your characters. Did I mention since you choose a family name you are automatically considered one of these aristocratic families trying to stake their claim on the new world? Oh yeah.

The camera or mouse movements are waaaaaay too sensitive but if your used to that sort of thing it shouldn't be too hard to adjust, they aren't maybe as bad as I make them out to be. But if you can get past that the game should be relatively enjoyable.

Anywho, the downsides to the game. While it has a very interesting set-up and looks pretty awesome. It isn't very user friendly. All the tutorials within the game are relatively okay, but still confusing and missing quite a bit of information that would be very useful to player use. If you want my opinion I recommend reading the help/tip section. That is where I got most of my information and not to mention that tip/tool bar thing that pops up with tips on things you can do in game.
Combat at times can be, likewise, the same as well. Trying to learn to play with two other characters also poses a big challenge to try and master and learn. While this does put it a step above most other MMOs in creative and innovative ideas, if the idea still has bugs and needs work then it isn't such a great idea and you need to back up and work on it in order to make it work.

Oh and as a side note, you cannot customize each one of your characters for your family. The most you can do right now is have the name you want and your family name, that's about it as far as customization, but that isn't including cash shop items and what not from the site,etc.

So if you're going to download, "Sword of the New World," go in with the perspective that you are really going to have to work hard in order to understand the game and its mechanics, but know that there is a possibility you may just wind up liking this game once you get the swing of things. I do.

Overall Sword of the New World, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, it gets a resounding 8!
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World   MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 pm

MMO i have played/play
WoW
warhammer online age of reconing
D&D online
did a bit of EvE
tried a bit of Saga of heros and LotR online
Back to top Go down

MMOs 2 Try - Sword of the New World
Page 1 of 1