The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... Empty
PostSubject: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 am

I've heard of the 7 major Chakras. One that that confuses me slightly, in at least several different texts I've read ( 'Version A' is reinforced by a few of the texts I've read while 'Version B' is reinforced by the other half of the texts I've read, headache!) I've seen chakra charts like this:

Crown
Brow
Throat
Solar Plexus (?)
Heart
Naval (?)
Sacral (?)
Root

That's 8 in total however there are some chakras I agree with verses others such as Crown, Brow (Third-eye), heart, Sacral, and Root. But that's only 5 so anyone else see the charts differently as well and want to input what they know?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 am

i have not heard of the solar plexus being in addition to the heart before now. O.O but it seems interesting. do excuse that i am not actualy helping.... i have a theory that any chakra point can be named, and thus there are infinite possible chakra charts. chakra is after all only realy a name for the different energy flows in your being. how your energy interacts with your body mind and soul. there are different way sto map it, and thus lable it. it is only a theory though.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 8:01 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
i have not heard of the solar plexus being in addition to the heart before now. O.O but it seems interesting. do excuse that i am not actualy helping.... i have a theory that any chakra point can be named, and thus there are infinite possible chakra charts. chakra is after all only realy a name for the different energy flows in your being. how your energy interacts with your body mind and soul. there are different way sto map it, and thus lable it. it is only a theory though.

Well I think saying the Solar Plexus is a Chakra is almost kind of silly considering the heart is so close, not to mention if you consider the naval and the root, those are pretty close as well. Someone said to me once I should merely mediate and feel out how many are actually there and where. Umm...my question is...what does a chakra exactly feel like? Silly as it is, if you don't know what you're looking for how do you know what you have found is what you are looking for?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 pm

well, let's see.... i feel them as just... energy, depending on what kind, flowing through an area, swirling around at some points. consider your whole being a water system. like a group of estruaries.

also, i have always felt that my naval and root are very sepperate personally. my naval is more like my gut feeling, and my connection to others. to the physical world, and to the flesh of my mother and my ancestors. my root is more personal, it is like the source of my drive, my strength, my endurance, my willpower.

the heart is where i feel my source of wisdom, of emotion, of passion. i do not know what i would consider a solar plexus to be though. what kind of energies does it use? perhaps the energies of faith, trust, and submissiveness? or perhaps more along the lines of physical sensation? or maybe it is the place where physical and emotional meet, like the way station between the lower and higher chakra points, where all teh energy of your being coalesce. peronally i think it confuses things to much.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:45 am

TwilightInsanity wrote:
well, let's see.... i feel them as just... energy, depending on what kind, flowing through an area, swirling around at some points. consider your whole being a water system. like a group of estruaries.

Hmmm...Never thought of it like that before. That's totally easy for me to visualize to. I could give that a try when I am meditating. You know one thing that I find very strange is I know I've seen at least maybe one or two charts that showed like the feet as the root Chakra. Is that just strange to some people or have you seen that to?

Quote :

also, i have always felt that my naval and root are very sepperate personally. my naval is more like my gut feeling, and my connection to others. to the physical world, and to the flesh of my mother and my ancestors. my root is more personal, it is like the source of my drive, my strength, my endurance, my willpower.

I would consider them separate myself. I know in prior books I've read charts only showed like the normal 6 or so with the sacral being called the 'Root' which was interesting, but I think Sacral is definitely more appropriate and much more defining. Your explanation of them is also very understandable and easy enough for me to follow.
Quote :

the heart is where i feel my source of wisdom, of emotion, of passion. i do not know what i would consider a solar plexus to be though. what kind of energies does it use? perhaps the energies of faith, trust, and submissiveness? or perhaps more along the lines of physical sensation? or maybe it is the place where physical and emotional meet, like the way station between the lower and higher chakra points, where all teh energy of your being coalesce. peronally i think it confuses things to much.

My heart is where I feel my passion, emotion, and some of my intuition. But I know if my heart and mind can't agree with/on something then something has to be wrong.

As for the Solar Plexus, well I think that would be a good first description of the possibly energies flowing in it, though when I get to that chapter it will most likely explain a bit more about what the 'Solar Plexus' do. When that happens I will post the information I find.

I do like the station idea though. The balance between physical and emotional. Sounds good and personally I don't think it's far off from that.

Lastly that is also a good point, it could very well just be an element that is not needed and thus can be done away with, but even still I shall look into it. Learning is fun! XD
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 pm

^_^ i am glad. i would enjoy hearing the logic that has been put into it.

as for my root/sacral, yes i have seen it in the feet, in charts where the human figure is standing up.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
^_^ i am glad. i would enjoy hearing the logic that has been put into it.

as for my root/sacral, yes i have seen it in the feet, in charts where the human figure is standing up.

Well call me weird but I think the root being in the foot, actually makes sense. After all, when your feet are bare and touch the Earth they are like your roots or trunk. They say the Root Chakra (when it's just below the sacral) is at the end of the tailbone and I don't exactly see how that is the root considering it only touches solid ground when we sit or something.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 11:33 pm

the logic to that is it is the root of our spine. certain charts believe that the chakra lead up and down your spine.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:51 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
the logic to that is it is the root of our spine. certain charts believe that the chakra lead up and down your spine.

I suppose that makes sense. But it makes we wonder still about the whole feet thing. Like whether or not my way of thinking if wrong (and I know a lot of people will say no because they will say, "Whatever works for you" or whatever) or if it can be that way as well and still work.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 5:38 pm

do forgive me that i was about to say that it cannot be wrong because it is simply how you prefer to feel it. allow me to take a momemt to become a dork and quote thegreat manga "Loveless."

ahem. "I'm not looking for right answers. Because there are no right answers."
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 8:42 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
do forgive me that i was about to say that it cannot be wrong because it is simply how you prefer to feel it. allow me to take a momemt to become a dork and quote thegreat manga "Loveless."

ahem. "I'm not looking for right answers. Because there are no right answers."

My Beloved actually said something about how your magic, if it works in regards to your created paradox, then who is to tell you it is wrong? But if your paradox doesn't work, what then? I said of course you try something different or try and understand a different way. If yours doesn't work someone elses most likely will.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:10 am

^_^ i like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...   5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one... Empty

Back to top Go down

5, 6, 7, 8? What's the real number here?! If there is one...
Page 1 of 1