The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soul and Spirit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Soul and Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Soul and Spirit   Soul and Spirit EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:50 am

For many the soul is the very essence of our very being. It is what animates a body and gives it life (personality, breath, heart beat, etc). It is said the soul is created from the energy of the divine and that each individuals soul is but a mere fragment of what it truly has the potential of becoming. What it can become is dependent upon the individuals growth (spiritual, learning, etc). The soul is given many names to describe the idea of the 'essence of life' such as 'Chi,' 'Ki,' and many others.

For myself for the longest time soul and spirit were interchangeable terms for me. They meant the same thing but possibly a slightly different concept or aspect of the other, however still the same, very entwined.

It wasn't until some recent life changing events in my life made me question whether or not 'Soul' and 'Spirit' were one in the same. Someone spoke to me and said, "What your soul want and your spirit wants are different things. You have to look deep within to know what your spirit wants". This just confused me of course considering I've been a firm and long time believer in the concept of 'Spirit' and 'Soul' being one in the same just another name.

So here I pose the question to all here, is 'Soul' and/or 'Spirit' truly one and the same to you? Or are they two completely different things all together just fairly closely related in nature?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
somber goddess
Initiate
somber goddess

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Female
Number of posts : 14

Soul and Spirit Empty
PostSubject: I'm thinkin one and the same...   Soul and Spirit EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 10:26 am

That is a really great question. I had always thought of the two as being interchangable as well. However, when I think of them as seperate things, or rather as seperate parts of myself, it makes some sense but still leaves me at a bit of a loss...

When I think of the Soul, I see it as the part of you that won't die, that has been at the center of who you are in each of your lives. When I think Spirit, I think of the same thing, unless it can be used to refrence the changes your soul undertakes as it passes through life and time to knowledge and expierence.

After all, there is spiritual awarness, spiritual awakenig, and soul searching. Ddoes it mean they are the same or different? I have no clue, but definitly food for thought... Because I've never thought about the soul or spirit as two seperate things I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this as well.
Back to top Go down

Soul and Spirit
Page 1 of 1