The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Am My OWN Grandpa!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

I Am My OWN Grandpa! Empty
PostSubject: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:43 am

Now that I have your attention I actually want to say...I'm serious. As I have research and read up on some of the polytheistic religions (Hindu, Celtic, Greek, Egyptian, etc) I'm sure I'm not the only whose noticed this little weird anomaly.

So here is my question how can a god, who was spawned by the mother goddess be both brother and father of all the gods of a pantheon? For instance Danu is the sister and mother of the Dagda, but she had to give birth to him first. So is it just so simple to say that he is the father of all gods, because he and Danu were the only ones and were able to populate the heavens? But wait...then we still have the minor detail of The Dagda being Danu's brother. So how does that work? Any ideas? I've wondered it for many years myself and it wasn't till today when I was doing research on the god Lugh that this dawned on me once more.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:49 am

obvious enough... she gave birth to a son whom she was impregnated with by her father. when she gave birth, th eboy was also the father's son and so his mother, who was his father's daughter, was also his sister. this also made him his own uncle, and his father was also his grandfather. O_o;

yeah... ignore how well i know this... >///> i made it a point to understand the complexities of incestuous families.... it is actually very usefull knowledge, so i feel justified! >///< i am confident in my non-redneckness despite my southern upbringing and redneck heritage! DX
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:05 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
obvious enough... she gave birth to a son whom she was impregnated with by her father. when she gave birth, th eboy was also the father's son and so his mother, who was his father's daughter, was also his sister. this also made him his own uncle, and his father was also his grandfather. O_o;

yeah... ignore how well i know this... >///> i made it a point to understand the complexities of incestuous families.... it is actually very usefull knowledge, so i feel justified! >///< i am confident in my non-redneckness despite my southern upbringing and redneck heritage! DX

O.O o.o O.o o.O I think you're going to have to repeat that my brain just got lost in that mess. Maybe we should use numbers as reference points? lol XD I'm glad you understand it I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:25 am

.. i... you realy don't understand it? O_o; i spelled it out for you!! it doesn't get any clearer than that!

father marries wife and has daughter.

then father has sex with his own daughter.

daughter gets pregnant and her son is her brother.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:12 am

Okay, okay I get it now! When you put it like that, it helped a great deal. lol Wow that is messed up XD o.O O.o O.O
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:15 am

i'll keep my thoughts to myself then...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:22 am

lol I'm just saying it's pretty crazy. I thought trying to figure out who was a cousin, and a relative once removed, or twice removed and stuff was confusing but this gets really confusing.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:25 am

i feel opposite. XP i still don't understand that whole second cousin business...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:29 am

lol Neither do I entirely and I have one. Apparently he was my father's cousin and because I was born that would make him my second cousin. I still say it's screwy! O.O O.o o.O
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:32 am

so lost... XP
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:36 am

You and me both! Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 am

hahah XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am My OWN Grandpa!   I Am My OWN Grandpa! Empty

Back to top Go down

I Am My OWN Grandpa!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: Sanctum of Enlightenment :: Overall/General-
Jump to: