The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sympathising With the Divine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Sympathising With the Divine Empty
PostSubject: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:01 am

It was brought to my attention today or at least I was able to discover the reasons why I refer to my god and goddess, "Lord" and "Lady". It took one of my best friends to help me realize this today as I was trying to help him realize that when it comes to posting on the Grove he was making it harder then it needed to be.

So why do I refer to my god and goddess, "Lord" and "Lady" simple. I refer to them as "Lord" and "Lady" because it helps them feel more human to me. It is my way of recognizing them as my equals and while for some this may seem blasphemous in essence, they don't seem to mind and they seem to rather like the humanity I give them in a sense (this is of course from my own sense and intuition).

So now to make things interesting. Why do you refer to the "Divine Ones" as you do?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 am

i consider the Gods to be like parents.... and so, names of elder family members simply come to mind. Morrigan is Mother to me, because she had first presented herself as my Mother. and Odin has watched over me and protected me for longer than i had known, so i have thought of him as a Father, much to his credit as the All-Father or the Aesir anyhow. Loki has been Odin's Bond-Brother mythologically, so of course i would refer to him as Uncle... and other than that, honorifics just seem proper with the other gods and goddesses that i encounter, because they deserve respect. Jehovah/Jahweh i refer to as Lord because he is the Greatest on the level i am aware of, and it is also out of conscious awareness of who is around me when i refer to Him. (note that i say Him despite the fact that i actually do not believe Him to have any gender at all. i am simply used to it.)
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:11 pm

I of course do refer to my Lord and Lady at times as Mother, Father, Great Mother, Great Father, Mother Night, Lord of Night, etc, etc. It just depends on what you are comfortable with as a whole and showing respect to other cultures deities is a good way to promote tolerance and respect for your fellow man and their beliefs. I try to do the same myself Twilight so it is good to know there are others that try to do the same.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 am

^_^ it is a very... interesting thing i guess... oddly enough though, i do also believe that Satan was likely a Jinn... and i would believe him a Jinn God, as the Yezidi peoples worship him as such (wouldn't ya know it? a judeo-christian Satan-worshipping culture from all the way back to before the Flood!).
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 am

Now that is pretty cool. XD
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 am

it is indeed! Smile and further, they are related to the Aryans, and th eToda of southwestern India, by common ancestors: the Sumerians!
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:37 pm

That's even better to me considering the Sumerians are definitely of interest to me. Apparently no one knows when abouts they dropped off the face of the Earth. Anytime I hear that it just sounds fishy to me. XP
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm

well, it is assumed that after the Great Flood (which was in the Book of Genesis, AND in various ancient mythologies) the land was in turmoil, the Sumerians rebuilt, only to be invaded by the Babylonians, the Akkadians and after that the Syrians. the land was at war, and various religious groups were vying for power. spirituality all became politics.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 pm

And we all know what happens when you mix church and state together or religion and politics. You get a rather short span of view rather then a broad spectrum of things to consider other than what you've been taught.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 pm

indeed... Islam is a good example of a religion being blinded by their adherents' Holy War campaigning... before that it used to be christianity, thank goodness they learned to stop! (in general at least). i feel so upset for all the great religions being destroyed by holy wars... those Yazdani religions are one of teh oldest religions and it is an important link to research that i sbeing wiped out by the Muslims of Iraq....
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 am

Ignorance is definitely not always bliss. Sometimes it is an utter nitemare. *sigh* But what can one do?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 am

it's teh choice... avoid danger by submitting and conforming... or else risk your own safety for the sake of others. because no matter what or where, when you take a stand against thing slike this you have to face it direcly.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm no myrtr believe you me, but I sure as hell would not comform. I respect individuals like Muhatma Gandi, but I don't envy their fate. No; I cry because good souls like them left this world in a way unbefitting of what they were trying to accomplish. Sometimes people feel a sacrifice is necessary as an example, but sometimes it has the exact opposite affect. For instance what happened after Martin Luther King died? Riots! I doubt he wanted riots to break out in his name, but they no longer had their leader to give them direction and so they did the only thing they thought they could to show their remorse and respect. That's a funny way of showing you remember someone I don't know about you. O.O;
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 am

*shrugs.* ... certainly a good point to be made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sympathising With the Divine   Sympathising With the Divine Empty

Back to top Go down

Sympathising With the Divine
Page 1 of 1