The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works Empty
PostSubject: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I was originally reluctant to post any of this information up, but I finally decided this is information that should be shared with those who are genuinely interested with good intent rather then ill (such as hunters using it to hunt down and murder others because of what they were. Come on guys seriously, get a freakin life and open your minds). Over the years I have studied and observed other Otherkin, using myself as a good source to draw from as well, if there might be distinguishing traits that would give you a good pointer in the right direction as to what someone is/has been prior to this current incarnation. What I have thus far is the culminating effort of many years of study, observation, and well founded hypotheses. You may wonder why I am posting this information here and not in the Otherkin - General topic section. It is because that is open to public viewing. To try and ensure this information will not be illly used I have still placed it in an appropriate place with all of the information on all the kin types I have encountered and collected information on.

Kin Traits:

Slow Age Progression: Vampires, Fae, Elves, possibly Weres, etc.

Growling: Weres, Dragons, Therians, maybe demons, etc.

Territorial Tendancies: Weres, Therians, Vampires, Demons, Dragons, etc.

Bestial Tendencies: Were, Therians, Vampires, Demons, Dragons, etc.

Love of Shiny Things or Treasure: Fae, maybe Elves, certain types of Therians & Weres.

Displays of True Blunt Honesty: Angels, Demonds, etc.

Defining Individual Traits:

Fae - Humor and personalities vary from Fae to Fae depending upon their race (or whatever it is they would call it). Some Fae's humor will be innocent mischief where others may seem cruel, but as far as they know or are concerned they are helping and doing you a favor.

Elves/Fae - An acute sense of hearing. May also have superior night vision. Some may be allergic to cold steel or nickel, possibly other alloys.

Weres/Therians - Have a greater sense of smell, possibly hearing, night vision, strength, superior regeneration, (had the ability to change forms at will or otherwise), and may have some photosensativity.

Weres / Therians / Vampires - May have possessed the ability to shapeshift and may still carry the ability to regenerate from wounds in shorter periods of time then most people.

Again most of this is from my own personal experience and from those I have encountered and personally observed.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:56 am

odd, how most of this information would lead many to catagorize me as likely therian or were... when in fact i feel no connection to that at all..

also, if i may add another individual trait... certain vampires, demons, angels, and fae will have something alot like my own where they will grow into a kind of youthfull/mature compound appearance, as well as a a strong charisma that they may temporarilly lose over to awkwardness and dissasociation during pubescence but later regain as they mature. it is especially common in those who are energy-drinkers, such as vampires and succubae/incubae.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:42 pm

I do know what you speak of Twi. It is something I experienced in my earlier years or maturity and has since then grown and developed into a stronger more profound presence. I'm in a positive mood I walk into a room and everyone turns to look at me. O.O; Even if I'm not trying to make myself known, though with the way I dress I usually dress to be noticed, especially at social events. XD

Not all these things would apply and for me I have to be around a person long enough to sense their aura out and behaviors/mannerisms to get a concrete idea of what they have been. I could probably easily do that with you if we got the chance to physically hang out, but I also believe this would have to be done with prolonged exposure to one another for me to make proper analysis.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:12 am

well then, i would hope to get that oppurtunity soon. ^_^ i'd hope that my belief that i am part Fae in this life, a former elf, among other things would be confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 am

lol You know my ancestors on my father's side are decended from the same area where the Tuatha De Dannan did reside...I tend to wonder if they truly did exist if some of them did not manage to have half-bred children that maintain some of their genes and carried on their genetic legacy in some manner.

But yes I would hope to that we would eventually get the opportunity as well. Once you get around me and experience my demeanor it's kind of obvious about the Fae tendencies, though the Elven ones are there to (the calm disposition).
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 am

hmm... that is very interesting... i have had reason to believ that the italian and greek peoples had among them the ancestors of the Tuatha'De Danaan...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:24 am

I didn't think that there were any legends of the Tuatha being out that far or going so much to war or get into combat with the Italian or Greek people. What leads you to this suspicion?
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:27 am

apparently, Dana is likened to Diana, the greek goddess.... Demeter to the Romans... and the greaco-roman world is full of fae that share more similarities with the Wee Folk than others...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:30 am

Okay now I see your correlation I thought that's what you may have been drawing from to. ^_^ I'm glad you've been using your mind to think of new things and I'm not trying to say you haven't I'm just impressed with your progress. XP
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:32 am

well, in addition to that i had found that i wasn't the first to think of that! XD and so it got me feeling that i was on to something.

sadly however, i have yet to continue that research... i will soon. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:35 am

Never put off what you can do today for tomorrow. Silly goose. XP
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:39 am

well, i'm doing all kinds of things! DX
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:17 pm

Okay then you have an excuse like me. XD
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 am

been realy delving into judeo-christian, islamic, yazdanistic, ancien pagan and pre-pagan studies, mainly surrounding the Necronomicon.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 am

I didn't know any of those beliefs had any kind of information surrounding that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 am

you'd be surprised! O_O pick up the bookd "Dead Names: The Dark History of The Necronomicon" by Simon.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 pm

I'll have to look for it. I've been meaning to get a copy of th Necronomicon just for reading material really.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 pm

itturns out it hasn't any evil agenda whatsoever! o.o in fact, it is simply a book about self-initiation in order to sacrifice sanity for the power and ability to protect the world from great evil! it is a prep-manuel and training guide for a selfless cause: protecting people froma danger they will never know, and that they will never know you are protecting them. basically, a thankless hero job! XD
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:00 am

Wow...that's funny and cool.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:56 pm

it is indeed. Smile the evil aura people get from it is because it does in fact explain how evil things work, and what it takes to unleash great evil, so that one can know what they have to do to stop it. so interesting...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 am

That is. ^_^
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 am

have i straed from the topic? i appologize.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Just a wee bit. It's okay. At least we are debating about something. It's better to have activity right now in some form then none at all.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 am

yes, very...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works   Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works Empty

Back to top Go down

Kin Traits? - A Hair Brained Theory in the Works
Page 1 of 1