The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B

Go down 
+3
Lunacin
Nataku
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B Empty
PostSubject: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a Better Name!   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:14 pm

I've always hated the term when it comes to courtship and dating, "Boy-friend" and "Girl-friend," because back in the old days there names meant exactly as they sound, "I have a friend that is a boy," and, "I have a friend that is a girl". So...let's brainstorm, what are some names we can try and come up with that sound better and less offensive then "Lover," possibly, "Mate," and many more.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

i use 'beloved' when im talking to my friends on the net.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Nataku wrote:
i use 'beloved' when im talking to my friends on the net.

I've heard people use that one to. Despite it sounds far better then 'Girlfriend' or 'Boyfriend' it just might be a bit too old fashioned? Or perhaps I'm just in a mood today and can't know what I like or dislike. Laughing We'll keep brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Male
Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 pm

I know you you feel, is dislike the 'friends' ones also. I used Beloved to refer to her, and of course Bonded to my bonded, so it kinda keeps steady with me. i doubt there will ever be an agreeable word.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 6:23 am

Nataku wrote:
I know you you feel, is dislike the 'friends' ones also. I used Beloved to refer to her, and of course Bonded to my bonded, so it kinda keeps steady with me. i doubt there will ever be an agreeable word.

I almost feel the same way, but I still must try...even if my attempt may be futile.
Back to top Go down
Lunacin
Student
Lunacin

Registration date : 2008-04-01
Male
Location : Moonlit Paths, Deep Woods, Shadowed Alleys..all in OR
Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:27 am

I have always-in me head-used the term "my heart" or "beloved" either way neither of those terms actually seem to cover the way i currently feel for the lady I'm with. just adding my two cents =)
Back to top Go down
Felouen
Initiate
Felouen

Registration date : 2008-04-04
Female
Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:14 am

What about Significant Other? It sounds so grand, a person who means much to you. Or soulmate, if your know for sure the person is indeed your soulmate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:48 am

Soul-mate is a tricky word though and for some it can gradually over time become a negative word rather then a positive...like for me. However I understand a great deal more then I did back then when I was some what mis-using the word.
Back to top Go down
Felouen
Initiate
Felouen

Registration date : 2008-04-04
Female
Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 10:00 am

Do tell, how can it become negative?
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 10:04 am

It became slowly negative for me (before I really grasped the whole 'soul-mate' concept on a better level. And this was also before I knew you could have more the one) when many of the men I kept dating that I thought were "Soul-mates" just kept disappointing me and breaking my heart. That gets very discouraging especially when you still might believe in a "One true love".

<---Hopeless Romantic

I still say it's possible to find someone like this, but...they would most definitely be the other piece to the big puzzle. As I feel my current love and I are. He definitely makes me feel this way. Now only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
somber goddess
Initiate
somber goddess

Female
Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Terms of Love   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 am

Nyghtshayde wrote:
It became slowly negative for me (before I really grasped the whole 'soul-mate' concept on a better level. And this was also before I knew you could have more the one) when many of the men I kept dating that I thought were "Soul-mates" just kept disappointing me and breaking my heart. That gets very discouraging especially when you still might believe in a "One true love".

I have trouble with the idea of multiple soul-mates for myself, and wonder if their could be debate that your previous beaus were not actually soul-mates? Though that's only based on a personal belief. I am glad that you finally found a keeper from the sounds of things. Yay love! cheers

As for the titles(?) for loved ones of a romantic nature, I've always been fond of the term Sweethearts. There is also main squeeze, ball and chain, other half, better half, center of my world, so on and so forth, It just depends on the level of the relationship and the people in it I think.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:30 pm

for me it doesn't realymatter so much, because the only person who i have ever had THAT kind of feeling for... simply can't be mine. and so, i was never bothered about the term "girlfriend" or "boyfriend." i will however, look for terms to use... they have spouse for married couples, lifemates as well... .... it may take me a whil to find an apropriate word for the relationship that comes with being a boyfriend or gilrlfriend. bedmates for those who are sleeping together, eliminating the "friends-with-benefits" term, which i always hated.
Back to top Go down
Victor_Delicrouix
Student
Victor_Delicrouix

Registration date : 2008-04-28
Male
Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:41 am

I just like knowing I have someone, the title doesn't really make the difference to me.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Victor_Delicrouix wrote:
I just like knowing I have someone, the title doesn't really make the difference to me.

XP so I bet you just call me girlfriend then, bah! How plain! lol XD
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm

hahah! XD sound sto me like an invitation for you to decide what you two refer to eachother as!
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 am

Perhaps. So far I've been using Lover, Beloved, Companion, Partner (because it truly is a unisex term no matter how you look at it) and I think that is it for now.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 6:04 am

i still like my fun terms, "Bedmate" "Lover" "Slave" "Mistress" "Master"....
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Bedmate is a crude term to me, hence I do not use it and use "Lover" in its stead. lol They other words however...Honey that's just dirty talk. XD lol
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

o.o is it? perhaps... but take a good look at me, and my condition... i'm not looking for a wife, unless for the legal benefits of her being my baby-momma, and i even hope (though don'texpect) to have multiple of these child-bearers of my offspring!! i am not able to be monogomous. it simply won't happen. i love the people i love, but i differentiate between my love and lust.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:11 am

lol You and Lunacin really aught to talk more about this sort of thing. tee-hee

And yes it is...*grins* Cause that's sometimes the stuff I like to hear shouted at me or I'm liking to hear my mate shout back to me. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 am

oh dear! >///< should NOT have told me that! forgive me Mistress Ehzra, that i am fantasizing you now knowing you are taken!
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:47 pm

lol It's okay Twilight, no worries. ^_- But yah kind of set yourself up for that one. *grins* Such things can be said in the bedroom just as much so outside of it. Wink
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:15 pm

heh... still, Bedmate is my favourite term, and always will be. *smirks.*
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 am

You got right ahead hun, I don't much care for such a crude word being used as a public term for my 'Mate'. 'Mate' is a strong enough word to me. ^_^ Wink
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:22 am

i wonder if i could pose a question on TPE relationships then?

say one girl has Total Power Control over a guy, and about a year later he gets Total Power Control over another girl... this girl has been his Slave for a few months now. then his Mistress orders him to treat his Slave a certain way because of a risk of possible death and/or mental health problems... he doesn't want to, but brings the topic up with his Slave, who then becomes furious and won't even hear him out. and now he knows he ha sto face up to punishments that are extremely abusive but his Slav is saying she wants a break from him, even after hearing out these absolutely monstrous and savage punishment examples... syaing that she hates him and could tear out his throat and not care.... all teh while this guy is just stuck in teh middle torn between his loyalties... is he in teh wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B   Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B Empty

Back to top Go down

Girl-friend, Boy-friend, Lover? Come on! There Has to be a B
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: The Ring of the Elder Trees :: The Babbling Brook / Chatterbox-
Jump to: