The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rap + Dance Club = Crap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Rap + Dance Club = Crap Empty
PostSubject: Rap + Dance Club = Crap   Rap + Dance Club = Crap EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 pm

WARNING: YOU ARE READING A BLOG THAT BELONGS TO SOMEONE WITH HALF A BRAIN AND AN OPINION OF THEIR OWN. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING NOW AND GO FIND A CORNER AND READ A HARLEQUIN NOVEL (ROMANCE). THANK YOU!

Saturday after work Zac said he'd take me to a Dance club to go have fun. Well unfortunately for some reason clubs tend to play 99% Rap and 1% everything else and unfortunately I dislike modern rap very much so. Why? Because one; I don't want to hear about your bitches and hoes (whores, etc) or your N***as, (out of respect for some of my friends I have sensored the word) etc. Seriously if I want to hear cursing I'd prefer to hear it in Death Metal and honey I hardly listen to that if at ALL. I think the cursing and bad-mouthing should honestly be left to the Death Metal artists to be honest and I don't want to hear it in my music. Sure the occasional curse word I'm not going to get my undies in a bundle, but good quality music isn't that crap with a bunch of curse words in it with you screaming about your homies and N***as, etc. Don't get me wrong I loved early rap (MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, etc). That to me was good rap up until it seems to now have devolved.
But this stuff we have today to me is honestly crap and the beats are so slow that the only way to dance to that type of music is either, break dancing, street dancing, or Dirty Dancing. And this is where the next part of my rant goes. (Note: For the record I like very little modern Rap. I haven't completely gone on a limb to hate it all together just I like very little of it now)

When I say Dirty Dancing I'm not talking about the movie or even what you see in it. At least that movie had class and taste and was rather revolutionary in a way. No; I'm talking about these people pretty much Dry humping each other and feeling one another up who should go get a F**king room! My God! I honestly don't want to see it and quite frankly it isn't dancing. Maybe this is the problem couples have they don't do enough of this type of thing at home! They should buy themselves a strip pole and have some fun at home with it and see where it takes them! Might help improve their intimacy if you ask me, but nearly humping one another in public is distasteful not to mention you LOOK like a slut and a whore.

As for me, the best type of music I feel clubs should still be playing plenty of is Techno, House, Trance, etc. This is the type of music I CAN dance to and prefer dancing to. It's quick paced (the beat is what drives my soul), it's easier to come up with dance routines to (least for me) among other things. To me this style of music allows me to tap into the dance goddess within and I just tap into that and dance my heart out. I had so many people staring at me last night for my style of dancing it wasn't even funny and it's all because I dance differently than most people. The way I dance is a collaboration of styles. I have incorporated pop, jazz, ballet, belly dancing, and many other forms into my dance style. I do believe some people are jealous/envious of my talent and skill to be able to incorporate this all into a single form and put it into use, but it is nothing that someone else cannot accomplish. I simply studied others and watched music videos, practiced at home here and there and applied it to the club. I've gotten compliments on my dancing (people trying to record me for instance, take pictures, etc). Yes; my dance looks sexy, erotic to a degree, but nothing short of classy, well put together/thought out, and practiced. And I assure you if I ever get the chance to dance with a partner, if I'm going to be all over them I'll do it at home. lol I promise.

So you have reached the end of my rant and I'm impressed you read it all the way through. Thanks for reading!

What are some of your thoughts and feelings on some of the subjects I have brought up?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com

Rap + Dance Club = Crap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: Temple of Art & Entertainment (General Interests) :: Chamber of Sounds / Music-
Jump to: