The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liam
Initiate

Registration date : 2010-06-08
Number of posts : 1

Just me Empty
PostSubject: Just me   Just me EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 am

Hi there. I go by Liam normally though my actual name is William. For some reason a lot of people drop off the Wil part and just call me Liam but I'm not real sure why. I think honestly I identify with Liam more than my actual name so it works out in the long run. I'm interested in lots of things and subjects but I feel most compelled to anything doing with nature and learning. I've been told I have druid roots though I can't confirm or deny this no matter how far back I go down the family tree. I do know that I feel more alive when I'm in the forest, especially the ones around where I live. For some reason the forests around here energize me and time passes swiftly but with a sense of meaning. I found this site from wiccatogether where I was trying to do research on Druidism. I'm glad I did as already this site has provided some books I should read. Thank you Lady Gwen for that little bit. I hope to come to know you all in time. I'm currently located in Northwestern Arkansas and enjoy it as it's a very rustic area. Well that's all for now. Until next time blessed be.

Liam
Back to top Go down
orcary
orcary

Registration date : 2008-11-06
Male
Number of posts : 33

Just me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just me   Just me EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 am

Welcome Liam. I apologize that it has been deselant as of late. Been hard to keep up with things with our schedules. Go ahead and ask any questions and we can help to the best of our abilities.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Just me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just me   Just me EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Liam I apologize for the lack of a hasty greeting. I've been busy with my personal life as of late and now I have some topics that I can move here in my free time which I am very happy about, many of them having to do with Solitary Druidism. If you have any questions about the books that were in that recommendation list, please don't hesitate to ask. I know some of them can be very different from one another but all can provide some good information.
I feel the same as you when I'm within the very embrace of nature, alive & energized. There is just something about being in the unnatural that is very draining and I believe that relates to our experience as humans in our modern society away from it. I believe everyone could benefit from a strong relationship like the one you and I have with her, but it is their free will and they must decide for themselves what is best.

So you know, 1 of the few reasons I chose to walk the path of the Druid was because it felt like a natural calling for me due to my innate love and pride I take in my family heritage. Though I know very little about my Father's side and mother's side, both could tell me I have blood that related back to Ireland and Scotland and I am very drawn to both, but more so Ireland. I intend to visit someday when the time is right but for now I must bide my time and try to make a decent life for myself before that is possible.

Again if you have any question please feel free to ask me. Our PM system is a bit...busted to say the least so if it isn't too personal or otherwise feel free to ask in our Open Chat section. Welcome to Grove of the Ancients!
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Just me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just me   Just me Empty

Back to top Go down

Just me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: The Ring of the Elder Trees :: Meadow of New Growth / Introductions-
Jump to: