The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this posible?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunacin
Student
Lunacin

Registration date : 2008-04-01
Male
Location : Moonlit Paths, Deep Woods, Shadowed Alleys..all in OR
Number of posts : 45

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:59 pm

Is it possible to be Christi as well as Otherkin?
And for the love of above...please cite or give reasons why or why not! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 am

because i am?

but it feels like the more i embrace one... i turn from the other...

the best example for you would be an angel, where they are one and the same
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 am

But Nata-kun some of us believe angels, just like humans, have the right to change whom they serve or if they don't wish to serve anyone, it is their choice.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:22 am

True, and angel cand serve one, the other, or none, but it is to my knowldge that the angel society is based on that itself. Holy, fallen, dark...

*shrugs* trying to jump start the fourm, i do like this one
Back to top Go down
Sheion
Student

Registration date : 2008-04-17
Female
Number of posts : 20

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:02 am

Actually, I know of several Otherkin (dragons, specifically) who are Christians. I don't see that any one religion can completely dismiss Otherkin. Christianity doesn't exactly explain the nature of souls, and I know some Otherkin who don't ever believe they were reincarnated. Their claim is that their soul just prefers a different body. So, if you go along with that, Christianity is perfectly viable.

I also know some people who practice their own blend of reincarnationist Christianity, though I have no clue how that works, and since I've lost touch with them for well over a year, it's improbable I'll be able to ask them or direct them here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.noxshadows.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 am

i know a reincarnationist christian, who is raised catholic but kind of "takes and chooses" and makes it her own path. and i have come to the understanding that all christianity means is to believe in christ, follow him, and be like him. is he not a reincarnation of The Creator Himself? or perhaps, as i would see it, jesus is a god in service of Him, and is a seed of His "holyness" in the eyes of humanity. his light and love are "good" and he is the opposition of "evil." it is my belief that this is all part of some big plan that requires the conflict of opposites. this "good and evil" is just concepts meant to convince mortals to pick a side and duke it out in the War until the Ending Days come and the world is changed.

just my theory.

but yes. i know christians who admit to believing they are or were otherkin, or elseways have supernatural communications with spirits or other-selves.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:27 am

I can't exactly cite my sources but if someone is an eclectic Christian it would be possible for them to believe that they are reincarnated and have been something other than human in previous lives. No one says that can't happen. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:02 am

besides, why should Religion matter so much more than Spirituality? whatever you self-identify as, as long as it hs SOME kind of logic to it, it is fine. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

I think people put too much importance on religion and not enough on spirituality. You can be Spiritual, after all, without being religious (apparently. O.O? I'm trying to figure out how that works).
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:08 am

how shouldn't it? religion is an institution, a way of officially organizing people into a particular focused doctrine. Spirituality is simply believing and having Faith.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Well Twi you have to humor me because...I grew up with religion. That's how I don't understand. XP
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:53 am

i'll never understand or grasp that concept, no matter how many peopel i meet who grew up that way! XD i was raised by two parents who both forsook religion in favour of spirituality. one of whom maintains a stance of "i don't know whether it is real or not".
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Since you explained it I understand it better. But up until now no one explained it properly for someone like me to understand. And I suppose I am more spiritual than I am religious despite my dedication to my Lord and Lady. It doesn't makes me a uh...BoS (Book of Shadows) thumper or anything. Laughing Smile
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:32 am

XD haha! i guess i'm realy going to need someone to explain to me the whole "growing up wih religion" thing though...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:29 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
XD haha! i guess i'm realy going to need someone to explain to me the whole "growing up wih religion" thing though...

Twilight I think you're making the understanding of the matter more difficult than it needs to be. I'm sure you'd understand if you say, "Meditated" on it. Wink
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:35 am

... o.o how?
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:06 pm

No I'm done. Cause I have a headache now from trying to answer so many questions you have. So think on it. Maybe try asking any of your friends who grew up with religion or ask me when some time has passed and I no longer have a headache. Razz
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:30 am

um... :/ ok. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptySat May 23, 2009 3:48 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
um... :/ ok. sorry.

It's okay hun. Nothing personal I was just getting a headache and sometimes I just need to come back to things at a later time.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? EmptySun May 24, 2009 7:22 am

i understand. no worries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this posible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this posible?   Is this posible? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this posible?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: Sanctum of Enlightenment :: Christianity-
Jump to: