The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why So Aloof?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunacin
Student
Lunacin

Registration date : 2008-04-01
Male
Location : Moonlit Paths, Deep Woods, Shadowed Alleys..all in OR
Number of posts : 45

Why So Aloof? Empty
PostSubject: Why So Aloof?   Why So Aloof? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 am

Many Many of the people i know would classify themselves as wiccan and many would even classify me as one yet, i have noticed a possibly disturbing trend whenever two or more wiccans get together there is a "show" of sorts many will try to outdo the others. i have overheard many conversations where one wiccan is referring to another as a "poseur" or a "wiccan-by-numbers." Why is it that in a culture that stands so alone and outside of the mainstream there is so much alienation and not enough inclusion? think of what we could all achieve if we put aside all our dislike of those who might or might not be as "informed" as the rest of us. lets take each one we find, every lost soul looking for the true way and do all we can to show them the light. and above all if someone tries to show us the light accept what they say with just a grain of the wisdom in each of us! realize PLEASE that just because ones view differs from your does not mean they are wrong! nor does it mean that you yourself are wrong!

I am sure that the above might have made a few of you think...but now i ask this...i have said this in person to many people around me. i have never seen a change. why is it that this doesn't or cant work? Is it an internal or possibly an external force keeping us all distrustful of each other?
Back to top Go down
somber goddess
Initiate
somber goddess

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Female
Number of posts : 14

Why So Aloof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why So Aloof?   Why So Aloof? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:03 pm

I've rarely experienced the kind of negative reaction from someone of the same or smilar belief system, but then the group of people who helped me find my path were good friends and comfortable/confident in their own knowledge and paths. I think that has a lot to do with it. People become self important, others become overly cynical. If you have no faith or respect for your own beliefs, or in yourself for that matter, how can you give strength, advice, or anything but negative feeback to others. Others probably fear that they are not as 'intune/wiccan as they pretend to be' (this fear proves it). Jealouy, pride, fear, anger- pieces of human nature that we fight with in everyday life, they cause us to do some petty things.
Sorry about rambling, those are my thoughts on your question anyway.
Back to top Go down

Why So Aloof?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grove of the Ancients :: Sanctum of Enlightenment :: Wicca-
Jump to: