The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some of your favorite quotes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

What are some of your favorite quotes? Empty
PostSubject: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:13 am

Just as the title states and if you can sight who said the quotes awesome!

"Though my soul is set in darkness,
It will rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars to fondly
To be fearful of the night..." by Unknown

The two quotes in my signature though the first one was one I came up with myself based on an old Irish saying about an Irish symbol of luck.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:39 am

immortality is freedom from death
invincibility is freedom from pain
one without the other is an eternal curse

got a few others, will post when my mind returns
Back to top Go down
Lunacin
Student
Lunacin

Registration date : 2008-04-01
Male
Location : Moonlit Paths, Deep Woods, Shadowed Alleys..all in OR
Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 am

To live is a blessing
To die is a shame
Yet to live and be dead
Is to give up the game

...way to many meanings there to go into
Back to top Go down
Nataku
Adept
Nataku

Registration date : 2008-04-02
Male
Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:10 am

from tooltime

tim asking wilson:

"Can you tell me why ever time i honk the horn my wipers go off?"

"Sounds like a raideo problem."
Back to top Go down
Dusk
Initiate
Dusk

Registration date : 2008-04-28
Male
Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm

"Not right, but wrong in a good way." I have always held that close to me.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:40 am

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
- Chinese Proverb
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:00 am

"Unless you believe you will not understand". Saint Augustine
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm

"The future is a mystery, The past is history, Today is a gift thats why its called the present". by Unknown
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 am

I finally found the correct book I had been looking for this excerpt from. It was spoken by Gautama Bubbha over 2,600 years ago I guess:

Do not believe in what you have heard; do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations; do not believe anything because it is rumored and spoken by many; do not believe merely because the written statements of some old sage are produced; do not believe in conjectures; do not believe in that as a truth to which you have become attached by habit; do not believe merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. After observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

I like this quote because it reminds me simply that, even though we have all this information doesn't necessarily mean it will hold true for everyone. Sometimes even traditions, methods, procedures, etc need to be changed in order to suit the times or to be more efficient. We are also always coming up with new information so why only believe the old information is the only thing that is good when the new makes valid points that we can still build a very firm and strong foundation on.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:26 pm

"Today is teh first day of the rest of your life!" ~ Dale Carnegie

"Throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it." ~ Arab Proverb.

"when teh heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found." ~ Anonymous.

"I have always felt that the moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderfull of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that... absolutely anything may happen. And teh fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not one jot. The possibility is always there." ~ Monica Baldwin.

"We have enough people who tell it like it is. Now we could use a few who tell it like it can be." ~ Robert Orben.

"There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were filled with hearts broken by love, but what realy broke a heart was taking away it's dream -- whatever that dream might be." ~ Pearl Bruce.

"Hey, this little kid gets roller skates. She puts them on. She stands up and almost flops over backwards. She sticks out a foot like she's going somewhere and falls down smacks her hand. She grabs hold of a step to get up andsticks out the other foot and slides about six inches and falls and skins her knee. And then, you know what? She brushes off teh dirt and the blood and puts some spit on it and then sticks out the other foot again." ~ Myra Cohn Livingston.

"The longing for paradise is paradise itself." ~ Kahlil Gibrans.

"I am not a has-been. I'm a will-be." Lauren Bacall.

"I saw a delicate flower had grown up two feet high, between teh horses path and the wheel track. An inch more to the left or right had sealed it's fate, or an inch higher; and yet it lived to flourish as if it had a thousand acres of untrodden space around it, and never knew the anger it occured. It did not borrow trouble, nor invite an evil fate by apprehending it." Henry David Thoreau.

"Two men looked out of teh prison bars; the one saw mud; the other saw stars." ~ Frederick Langridge.

"Even if i knew that tommorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." ~ MLK.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to something I can do." ~ Hellen Keller.

"The baby rises to it's feet, takes a step, is overcome with triumph and joy -- and falls flat on it's face. It is a pattern for all that is to come! But learn from the bewildered baby. Lurc to your feet again. You'll make it to the sofa in the end." Pam Brown.

"when your bow is broken and your last arrow spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole heart!" Zen saying.

and my personal favorite...

"This too will pass. I wa staught these words by my grandmother as a phrase that is to be used at all times in your life. When things are spectacularly dreadfull; when things are absolutely appalling; when everything is superb and wonderfull and marvelous and happy -- say these four words to yourself. They will give you a sense of perspective and help y also tomake the most of what is good and be stoical about what is bad." ~ Claire Rayner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some of your favorite quotes?   What are some of your favorite quotes? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are some of your favorite quotes?
Page 1 of 1