The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Magic Has Many Forms, Daily Spellcasting, & More from a Druid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Magic Has Many Forms, Daily Spellcasting, & More from a Druid Empty
PostSubject: Magic Has Many Forms, Daily Spellcasting, & More from a Druid   Magic Has Many Forms, Daily Spellcasting, & More from a Druid EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:02 pm

***WARNING! THIS BLOG WAS MADE BASED OFF MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AND OTHER SOURCES. I AM NOT HERE TO GET INTO A HEATED DEBATE OR DISCUSSION WITH ANYONE ON PROPER MAGIC FORM OR OTHERWISE. I AM STILL LEARNING MYSELF AND I FEEL THERE ARE NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWERS AND THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND AS YOU READ.

Whether people realize it or ignore this simple fact. Magic has many forms and can be cast at will. You don't honestly need a circle or tools to cast any spells. It is actually quite possible to cast them using our minds alone. I feel people honestly don't give themselves enough credit as far as their abilities are concerned. Casting spells without tools or circles is quite simple. You can still cast with a circle if you like but it will have to be on a "visualization scale" as I will be going over in this topic specifically.

Before we move on much further let's just go over some of the various forms of spell casting out there. There is Blood magic, Sex Magic, Nature/Elemental magic, Prayer, Dance, you name it and you can use it to channel your magic through, or for some, you can call on it with the right words to be of use to you. All in all it all works basically the same just different form, procedure, methods, etc. The thing to keep in mind is, not everyones methods are going to work the same for everyone else out there. That's why there are so many different methods and Paradigms! Remember that saying, "There are no right or wrong answers?" I believe that sort of fits this same situation, generally speaking. There are no real right or wrong methods. Magic is about exploration and finding what works best for you. As I said, not everyones Paradigms are going to work for all. So find what suits you!

Now, how can one cast spells without using tools or circles? Simple. What it all comes down to is focus, concentration, and visualization. I look at Magic as a natural gift that everyone possesses. It's just a matter of figuring out how to tap into it, but more importantly you must accept it as a part of yourself. I do feel these are important factors but they are also not the defining factors of Magic to me either. Only a few of the foundation blocks. The way I do it is I close my eyes, I tap into the well of power within (the divine source) and I call upon it with a chant/spell, incantation, mantra, or whatever. When I am done I thank the forces that have listened or came to my aid and I'm on my way once more. Spells can be as simple or complex as you wish them to be. They don't have to be extravagant if you do not wish, which I feel is a general misconception because many people perform spells based on what they learned in books (yes; I learned most of my spellcasting through books to but from people as well), which is fine but you should keep in mind this is not the only way they have to be. The key factor, however, in all of this is Focus, Concentration and visulization. That's all you really need to cast any spell.

While I don't cast spells on a daily basis myself I have come to realize the importance of "Daily Casting". Magic is like a muscle. If you don't use it, you lose it. So work it out if you can on a daily basis. You'd be surprised the many diverse and simplistic ways you can invite magic into your life on a daily routine. If you use the examples above as a sort of guide it will be quite easy to invite magic into your life in this way.
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com

Magic Has Many Forms, Daily Spellcasting, & More from a Druid
Page 1 of 1