The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids Empty
PostSubject: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:36 pm

Someone posted this link in my O.K. topic on recommended books to read. I think this will be useful, however...that's actually a rant/conversation meant for later or separate from this. Any who, here is the link:

The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Additionally I found some other 'Druid' related sites through one of the Gaia-guilds I am in. So here they are:

The ADF: Ar nDraiocht Fein site; most of the site is off-limits to the public and only for members though.
Reformed Druids of North America
Back to top Go down
Starwizard
Initiate

Registration date : 2010-05-25
Male
Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Interesting, I think that due to my Celtic heritage and knowledge of herbs that I will look into Druidism. I may not join, but checking it out couldn't hurt. OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids Icon_question
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Starwizard wrote:
Interesting, I think that due to my Celtic heritage and knowledge of herbs that I will look into Druidism. I may not join, but checking it out couldn't hurt. OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids Icon_question

Star, sorry for the late reply lifes been a bit hectic. I'm not a part of any order myself I am actually Solitary and quite happy with this as of right now. Many of the members from Orders or Trads I have found to show a blatant display of disrespect, sexism, intolerance, and lack of understanding for Solitaries even though we should still be able to discuss certain things between one another. Part of what goes hand-in-hand with the Druid teachings is "Learning". Many of the modern Orders and Trads I have also heard about are more about the politcs which has left some members jaded & bias, which can be good and bad, I've mostly seen the bad and ugly of this unfortunately. It's worth exploring but I think starting out with historical research and some light book reading might help. I have a couple of books to add to the Solitary Druid Reading Book List that I feel will compliment the learning program very well for anyone who spares the time to study it as a Solitary or just as a curious individual. You may also care to look into Shamanism. I am actually reading a book right now on it called, "Earth Magic" by Steven Farmer. It is very well written so far as I can tell and I agree with a good portion of what he is teaching in it so I highly recommend it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Starwizard
Initiate

Registration date : 2010-05-25
Male
Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I totally understand. I'm slowly getting books based not on magick of the Celts, but on history, mythology and culture. If I'm going to follow the celtic path then I better have a more well rounded understanding of who they were, what they believed, and here's the important part, why they believed.
I'm not exactally a solitary, I dicuss and sometimes celibrate the sabbats with my girlfriend. Though she does not follow the same path I do. I'm not even sure you can call me Celtic Wiccan.
I believe in the duallity of a supreme diety. God is both male and female. I chose to call it/them Briget and Oghma, because of their conection with creativity. It works for me.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Starwizard wrote:
I totally understand. I'm slowly getting books based not on magick of the Celts, but on history, mythology and culture. If I'm going to follow the celtic path then I better have a more well rounded understanding of who they were, what they believed, and here's the important part, why they believed.
I'm not exactally a solitary, I dicuss and sometimes celibrate the sabbats with my girlfriend. Though she does not follow the same path I do. I'm not even sure you can call me Celtic Wiccan.
I believe in the duallity of a supreme diety. God is both male and female. I chose to call it/them Briget and Oghma, because of their conection with creativity. It works for me.

These are all very important pieces to the magical foundation of your educational and spiritual structure. If you're already taking the steps to look at the ancient history I also suggest looking, when you finally get the chance, at the rivalists that came later, and then of course you want to see if you can find some books on modern Druidism which "The Druidry Handbook" and "The Solitary Druid" may just help with that. But I do understand what you are saying and that has always been my drive and intent because I rather represent my ancestors as accurately as possible, but I realize that some of the traditions of old will have to be modified for todays society and culture.

I don't always celebrate the Sabbats alone myself either. I sometimes celebrate with other Wiccan, Faerie Lovers, Spiritualists, etc. And I find everyone has a pretty grand old time all the same. If sometime only other people could see how much fun our Sabbats can/could be, I think more people would join in and celebrate with us. At least Beltane is VAGUELY remembered but is only a mere shadow of its former glory to others looking at the calendar year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids   OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids Empty

Back to top Go down

OBOD - The Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids
Page 1 of 1