The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?! Empty
PostSubject: Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?!   Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:31 pm

From what I have studied from history books such as The Celts: A History by Peter Berresford Ellis, school, and little blurbs I have found on the net, it seems rather clear that the ways of the Druids can/be/could be related to not only Animism but Shamanism as well. Both have relatively similar beliefs so...why not? Just because the cultures may have never mingled doesn't mean the Druids couldn't have been Shamans of their region and evolved differently from how the Native American Shamans did.

Any thoughts or points?
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?!   Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 pm

i consider myself a sort of shaman, though more along the lines of the shinto shamans than my native american ancestors. (and yes, i am 1/8 native american.) and still, i have found that i agree with many druidic beliefs, and do not see any reason for it to be thought conflicting toward shamanic practices and beliefs. they function perfectly well together, both with their own versions of the spiritual death and rebirth, the initiation rites, the reverence of nature, the use of herbs, the trippy meditative experiences, etcetera.

another interesting connection i'd say i represent is that while i consder myself a shaman i feel alot of connections to the celtic world despite th efact that NOWHERE (as far as i know) in my heritage am i connected with that land, and i even have embraced completely with my whole heart the Morrigan as my Mother.

now, just to keep in mind, i do not use controled substances of any kind to achieve my trips. i know that i don't need them. in fact, i need them less than anybody else because i'm already schitzophrenic as it is. i have been diagnosed with disorganized type schitzophrenia.
Back to top Go down

Druids and Shamans. Are They Related Somehow?!
Page 1 of 1