The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! Empty
PostSubject: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:51 pm

Looking back on some of the research I've done on the Druids and Celts and a written language I realized something. Okay, so they may/might have used leaves and strung them together using Ogham, and maybe carved into stones, and planks of wood as well, but what about actually writing things down? They didn't seem to get that ink is made from the Earth. If they didn't have ink they could have tooled the words into leather or something with something. Just because something is half-made by man does not make it any less of what it was originally (i.e. being a part of the earth). Paper/parchment just because it was created by man did not make it any less then what it came from originally from the Earth of Papyrus, tree, or anything else. All these things were still a part of the Earth and yet simply because man-made it no longer retained this quality? It just seems funny now how we can look back at those times and realize certain things about our ancestors that, well, seem silly for one but I respect my ancestors enough to not ridicule them for their beliefs...just find it kind of interesting and a tad humorous if anything.

Last edited by Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Registration date : 2008-06-21
Male
Number of posts : 654

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 am

heh... >w< i guess it's all a matter of physical semantics... all in all, everything is made of everything... perhaps their reason for all this is that they felt humanity was alreday so detached from nature that anything they did to a natural thing to change it denaturalized it? just a theory with no backing evidence realy, just kind of taking a look at possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:12 am

More like possibly lost its power because of all the processing and shaping it had to go through. That's a thought as well. And even if we don't exactly have the most accurate of factual backing, at least we are speculating on their possible reasons of why. ^_^ That is how we as humans learn.

Last edited by Nightshade on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 am

exactly! Smile after all, what is wrong with speculation and deduction?
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:46 pm

TwilightInsanity wrote:
exactly! Smile after all, what is wrong with speculation and deduction?

Well that's where some would merely like to disagree simply for the fact, "Because it is not absolute FACT. We cannot even remotely use it." I can only guess this is why some feel we can't use the little that we have to try and reconstruct the old, but they do it all the time using computer simulations to try and rebuild ancient cities and structures.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:31 am

pssht! XD and i retort with that i already acknowledge that even the senses and the concept of sens eitself are in question!
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 am

Tee-hee I do believe I have to concur with you on this. ^_^
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:28 am

^_^

reminds me, i am on the lookout for Clergy for my Occult Philosophical Order of Vesperianism... any help? i recall Lunacin displayed some interest at least... i was apparrently picking up where he left off...
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Well if you wish to ask him anything I will relay the messsages to him and see if he'll opt for stop being a Hermit. XD He only remembers this place when I remind him.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:30 pm

i would be so greatfull if you would do that. a message that i would give is remind him of my Vesperianism Philosophy and let him know that i believe i hav eit ready for maing a website for. all i need is clergy, and i'd be honoured to have him on board.
Back to top Go down
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 pm

I will bring this to his attention. He could probably use the stimulation right now.
Back to top Go down
TwilightInsanity
Grove Master
TwilightInsanity

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!   Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wait! Paper is Truly of the Divine!
Page 1 of 1