The Grove of the Ancients
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe haven for those who seek refuge from a society that does not understand them and those who seek other open minds like their own. We talk about anything & everything but our main focus is Otherkin, religion/spiritual, Metaphysical, Occult, etc.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feeling a Little Lost and Overwhelmed? - Then Read This!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan
Admin
Lady Gwendolynn O'Danaan

Registration date : 2008-03-31
Female
Number of posts : 805

Feeling a Little Lost and Overwhelmed? - Then Read This! Empty
PostSubject: Feeling a Little Lost and Overwhelmed? - Then Read This!   Feeling a Little Lost and Overwhelmed? - Then Read This! EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:07 am

So it was brought to my attention that some of our new folks feel a bit lost when it comes to figuring out what do or where to start here in the forums. Additionally I was also informed that due to the forums obvious tones that people felt a bit out of place and uncomfortable because of this.
I would firstly like to address the second issue first. New members of the Grove please do not let the obvious Druidic tones scare you off. Make no mistake we are a forum dedicated to learning whether that be spiritual growth, the occult, Otherkin, or something else. We just wanted to provide a welcoming warm place. It just so happens I follow the path of the Druid (if you will) and that my love of nature seeps a bit into the general theme and construction of the forum, but please don't let that scare you or make you feel any bit out of place.

As for the 1st issue of not knowing where to start I thought I was pretty clear but I'll repeat for the sake of everyone here. Also I'd like to add and stress, please, please, PLEASE, please for the love of the goddess do not stress about where you are posting your topics. You post them I'll worry about where they go and if you're pretty certain you are posting in the right topic then don't sweat it. And now:

Meadow of New Growth - This is the place I would start with first. This is where you type up a little blurb about yourself, maybe how long you've been studying the occult, if you believe you are Otherkin, maybe tell us what your special abilities are (such as precognition or something else), etc, etc. Just tell us a little about yourself.

Grove Patrons Grimories - If you feel so up to it and comfortable post a brief history about yourself. How you got involved in the occult, at what age, and where you are at now with all that. Maybe tell us when you were awakened and what things help to shape and influence your life to make you the individual you are now. Go crazy (not literally mind you)!

The Babbling Brook - This is what I like to call the none-sense goof-off section. You can feel free to post just about anything so long as it is tasteful and relatively appropriate (sorry guys I have to try and keep it clean in order to keep our forum from being terminated). Just check out some of the fun topics there and you'll see what kinds of things you can post there to try and get your feet wet to start.

Council of Life - I'm not sure if you'll feel comfortable right away with this one, but I wanted others to know that should they ever feel the need to seek guidance/advice from others they could always ask us here at the Grove. So if you're having to deal with some seriously bad stuff in your life, please share! I know there are some of us here who would love nothing more then to help (especially me).

Sanctum of Spiritual Knowledge - Overall/General : If you're in the mood to talk about spiritual related stuff don't hesitate to look through the general section of this area for possible topics to discuss at length or to create your own. We love to debate and bat around ideas. Remember everyone's beliefs may be different but it's always nice to hear from a different perspective.

Temple of Art & Entertainment: Well if you gander through this section and read the category descriptions you'll see this is the super fun laid back section. In this section you can discuss your latest favorite game, to your current favorite novel, to your current favorite artists, or share your latest poem. It's all up to you!

Grove of the Kin - Ring of Oak Trees: If you're new to the concept of 'Otherkin' you'll want to check out the general section (Ring of Oak Trees) of our Kin related section (Grove of the Kin) for more information on the topic and to possibly ask questions and discuss the topic, especially if you don't know if you are kin or not, etc, etc.

The Seldom Trodden Path (Section name) - Disciplines of The Old Ways (General Topic of this section): If you are interested in discussing paradigms or magic this most likely would be a good starting point for you on our forums for getting your feet wet and getting a feel for the people here.

As usual please just look and snoop around. I would hope most of us here have a thirst for knowledge or at least a sense of curiosity to go snooping about and stumbling on topics of interest. So please don't hesitate to just look through things and read at your leisure.

Last edited by Nyghtshayde on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a sticky!)
Back to top Go down
http://nyghtshaydeen.deviantart.com

Feeling a Little Lost and Overwhelmed? - Then Read This!
Page 1 of 1